Thursday, February 22, 2018

Dramatherapy Workshop -The Hero's Journey, CMTAI Conference Bangalore, India

On the 25th and 26th of Novemeber 2017, I was privileged to have been invited to facilitate a Dramatherapy Workshop for the CMTAI (Creative Movement Therapy Association of India) 4th International Conference, held  at the Christ University, Bangalore, India

It was wonderful to connect with fellow dramatherapists a few of them whom I have met years ago in other international conferences, and also new colleagues in the fields  Dance and Movement Therapy,  Dramatherapy, Art therapy and .Music Therapy.

I have to admit that I LOVE working with creative arts therapists and artists!  They always take the workshops which I facilitate to different heights. Mainly because most of them  are already familiar with the format, process and mostly, are very comfortable in expressing themselves in a creative manner, without much resistance in going with the flow of where creativity takes them.. Not to mention, my own accelerated  learning in in facilitating the workshop for  such creative and enthusiastic participant!

My workshop was titled "The Hero's Journey".

These are some of the pictures from the workshop which I had facilitated.

























These are some of the feedback from the participants:

"The takeaways from this workshop are a boon"

"It was a great session overall"

"The breakdown of the journey was great and we can relate to it"

"I enjoyed the flow and the variety of activities"

"I liked finding the hero within"

"I loved the experiential activities"

"The facilitator was very approachable and friendly"

"I enjoyed the facilitator's presence and holding of space"


I would like to thank Tripura Kashyap, who had invited me to present the workshop for the CMTAI conference and those who have assisted me during the workshop.





No comments: