Monday, August 7, 2017

Creative Arts Therapy/ Dramatherapy at 20thFamily Medicine Scientific Conference, Penang

On the 3rd of August 2017, I had the pleasure of being invited to present at the 20th of Family Medicine Scientific Conference which was held at the exquisite  Equatorial Hotel in Penang, Malaysia on Creative Arts Therapy particularly on Dramatherapy.



About 150 medical doctors had attended the talk.
Four doctors had  volunteered to participate in mini demonstration of a Dramatherapy session at the end of the talk,



The feedback received were very positive, both from those who participated in the demonstration, as well as those who were present for the talk.



A few of the comments  from the doctors who had participated in the demonstration are:

"It was fun! Once it started, I had forgotten about the audience watching me and enjoyed the activities!".

" Yes, I can see how my story in the session reflects the vacation that I have been thinking of taking in the near future" (The question was if they saw any relevance between the stories they had created using the two methods in the demonstration and their life/life events)".

 "I enjoyed the session!"

A few of the comments received by those who have attended the talk include:

"That was a very interesting talk! I can see how it can be beneficial to many!"

"It looked like fun!"

" It was a good presentation! Something very different and very interesting!"

I would like to thank Dr. Anuradha and the committee of doctors for inviting me to present in this conference and for taking excellent care of me while I was there! I am truly grateful for the experience.
 It is truly a wonderful experience being invited to share my experience about doing the work I love to the doctors who were present. They seem to be  wonderfully open to the idea of Creative Arts Therapy and Dramatherapy.

I would also like to mentioned that I am truly impressed by the amount of dedication, coordination and hard work  by these doctors from all over the country(Malaysia) that went into the organizing this conference



No comments: